Edgar Ramirez, known for his work as Gianni Versace in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, has joined the production of Disney’s Jungle Cruise according to The Hollywood Reporter. The movie is currently casting and has Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, and Jack Whitehall.
Johnson is a boat captain who takes a sister (Blunt) and her brother (Jack Whitehall) on a mission to find a tree believed to posses healing powers. Wild animals and a competing German expedition figure into the proceedings.
Ramirez is playing the villain who is “a man with a conquistador background.” We only have a few details regarding this production since it is still casting and in early development. Director Jaume Collet-Serra directed the surprise hit The Shallows along with some horror movies (Orphan and House of Wax) and some mid-tier Liam Neeson movies (Non-Stop and Run All Night). Johnson is currently one of the biggest box office draws with his Jumanji reboot going on to be a huge success.
Based on Disneyland’s theme park ride where a small riverboat takes a group of travelers through a jungle filled with dangerous animals and reptiles.
Jungle Cruise, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, and Jack Whitehall. It doesn’t currently have a release date, but if they are casting now, production should begin in late 2018, early, 2019, so perhaps a late 2019 release or an early to mid 2020 release.
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Latest Skyscraper Trailer Is Here!
- Happy Birthday, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
- A Movie Based on Korean-American Superhero Silk is in Early Development at Sony - June 22, 2018
- 2 More Directors Added to the Black Widow Short List - June 22, 2018
- New Behind-the-Scenes Featurette for Ant-Man and the Wasp - June 22, 2018
- Aquaman Producer Talks the Changes to the DC Universe Going Forward - June 21, 2018
- 2 New Pieces of Promo Art for Ant-Man and The Wasp - June 21, 2018