Patch 11 is coming to PlayerUnkown’s Battlegrounds and it will bring with it a spectator mode to custom games, new loot crates, new weapon skins, and slew of bug fixes. The patch will hit the game’s PC test servers soon, and after a period of play-testing, will hit live servers within a few days. The live server update schedule will be revealed later on of course, but you can find the full details of the patch on Steam.
The biggest thing coming as part of the patch is the ability to watch ongoing games from the lobby’s custom match list, so any games with public spectating enabled can now be viewed, while private matches can use passwords to allow viewership from anyone with the key.
Alongside the spectating mode, the game is also getting a new paid crate. The Equinox Crate will offer weapon skins and has a 25% chance to be earned as a Weekly Random Crate. Players will need a Weapon Skin Key to unlock the crate, and those keys can be purchased from the Steam Store. The Weekly Rnadom Crate reset timer has been changed to Thursday 00:00 UTC.
Additionally, the Target Practice frying pan skin can be picked up separately for 5,000 BP. Finally, will add a marker to the map which reveals the flight path of the plane until players drop down onto the island.
The full patch notes are below:
- There should no longer be excessive blood effects when you’re getting shot in FPP mode or while aiming down sights.
- Fixed issue that sometimes caused blood effects to not show up when shooting other players.
- Fixed an issue that was causing character silhouettes to remain visible while inside smoke
- Switching weapons while prone should no longer cause certain animations to break
- In the lobby’s custom match list, you can select an ongoing game and watch it in real time.*
- Games that have the Public Spectating option set to “On” can be watched in Custom Match.
- For private matches, you can spectate the game by entering a given password.
- One new paid crate and one new frying pan skin has been added.
- For the purpose of security verification, Equinox crate x10, Weapon Skin Key x20, Early Bird Key x20, 100K BP will be distributed to all accounts.( Test server only )
- The frying pan skin, “Target Practice”, can be purchased separately as an individual item for 5,000 BP. It can be purchased only once per account.
- New paid crate, “Equinox Crate”, will offer weapons skins. It can be earned with 25% chance as a Weekly Random Crate.
- “Equinox Crate” can be opened with Weapon Skin Key, which can be purchased at the Steam store.
- There is one bonus item. If you’re really lucky, you can get that skin as a bonus on top of the crate’s normal reward items
- The chances of getting each item in the new paid crate are as follows.
- The chances of getting each crate as a Weekly Random Crate are as follows.
- Weekly random crate reset date is changed to every Thursday, 00:00 UTC
- This change will be applied from this week
You can check out the drop rates for the Equinox and Weekly Random crates below.
- Cities: Skylines’ Mass Transit Expansion is Now on Xbox One and PS4 - August 9, 2018
- Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee Will Feature Mega Evolutions - August 8, 2018
- Blizzard Is Working on Several New Diablo Projects - August 8, 2018
- Ashes of Creation Announces a Massive Summer Update - August 8, 2018
- The Coming Storm Expansion Is Now Live on Dauntless - August 8, 2018