The cast of the enigmatic Detective Pikachu continues to grow. We have a new cast announcement, according to Deadline. Mexican actor Omar Chaparro has joined the already extremely impressive cast of the first live-action Pokémon movie. We only have some select details on the story, and the movie is currently shooting.
It will focus on Detective Pikachu as a new character and storyline in the Pokémon universe. Mary Parent and Cale Boyter will produce for Legendary, alongside Joe Caracciolo, Jr. and Pokémon’s Tsunekazu Ishihara executive producing. Universal Pictures will handle distribution.
We’ll likely learn more about this strange little movie as the release date gets closer. We’re still 11 months out, but this is shaping up to be one of those movies that no one knows what to expect.
Detective Pikachu, directed by Rob Letterman, stars Ryan Reynolds, Justice Smith, Ken Watanabe, Bill Nighy, Suki Waterhouse, Rita Ora, and Chris Geere. It will be released on May 10th, 2019.
- Pikachu Has a Scrapped Evolution Called Gorochu That Sounds Terrifying
- Nintendo Files a New Patent on Multi-Display Communication Console
- Amber Heard Wanted a Comic-Accurate Version of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller ‘Searching’ - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and The Wasp Featurette, Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018
- Operation Finale Releases an Official Poster and 2 Images - June 22, 2018
- Amber Heard Talks About What “Excited” Her About the Role of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018