Maleficent 2 is moving forward with some new casting. While Joachim Rønning was announced to be the director late last year, we haven’t heard anything since. Angelina Jolie confirmed that she would be returning, as has Elle Fanning. The dark retelling of the Sleeping Beauty story was an unexpected hit for Disney, grossing $758 million at the global box office back in 2014. Now we have some casting news. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ed Skrein has signed on to play a villain in the upcoming sequel. His role is unknown, along with the rest of the plot details for the production.
Skrein gained official Good Guy status last year when he stepped down from the role of Ben Daimio, a Japanese-American character, in the upcoming Hellboy reboot. The role eventually went to Daniel Dae Kim.
According to Variety, production is set to start this year, so expect a lot more casting announcements in the coming months. There is currently no release date, but if they start production this year we can expect to see this sequel in late 2019 or early 2020.
- DC Comics Gallery Statues on the Way, Including The Batman Who Laughs
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Wednesday, April 18
- Mondo Has Planet of the Apes Tiki Mugs Up for Order Today
- A Creepy Joker Statue is Coming From Sideshow Collectibles
- The Nerd Dome Podcast 128: All of the Deadpool 2 Spoilers - May 25, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Takes in $14.1M on Thursday Night Previews - May 25, 2018
- New Trailer for Christopher Robin Shows Off the Characters - May 25, 2018
- Shane Black Talks About Why He Wanted to Direct The Predator - May 24, 2018
- Maleficent 2 Actor Ed Skrein Talks About the “Phenomenal Cast” - May 24, 2018