Sometimes when you’re running from one appointment to the other on the PAX East floor, someone will just reach out and ask “can you see my game?” If I got a spare five minutes, sure! This was the case with Wormhole Wars brought to the convention by 1047 Games.
The game is a sci-fi multiplayer shooter where you will use a combination of skills and powers built into your suit along with teleportation to hunt down and kill opponents from the other team. The best way to describe it would be like playing Halo 3 with the ability to shoot portals from Portal with the pacing of Quake II. Essentially, quick kills with red and blue teams and the ability to mess with positioning.
We didn’t get a chance to play it because of the time crunch we were facing but in all honesty, watching others play it made me jealous. This was a complete throwback to three different generations of gaming, with a modern Unreal 4 engine at the helm to make it all feel modern. We weren’t given a release date of any kind, but they are currently signing people up to test out the Alpha on their website. Wormhole Wars has great potential and we look forward to seeing them again at the next convention to see where they’re at.
- Giving New Life To The Pre-Cosmos in Genesis Noir
- Revisiting Crimson Keep and All Of Its Perils at PAX East
- Looking Ahead to Our Future with The Stillness Of The Wind
- Catching Up With The Crew Behind Floor Kids at PAX East
- I'm Just Trying Not to Lose My Head in Headsnatchers
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Announce Bonus XP Events - July 15, 2018
- The London Spitfire Advance to the Semifinals of the Overwatch League - July 15, 2018
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Gets a Nintendo Switch Overview Trailer - July 14, 2018
- Dataminers Show Off All The Season Five Gear in Fortnite - July 14, 2018
- Celebi Has Been Added For Pokémon GO Fest Attendees - July 14, 2018