One of the shorter but friendlier visits we got to have at PAX East was when we checked out the booth for Cygames, who were basically there to show off all the titles they were bringing to the states from Japan and looking ahead to the future. The primary game they were showing off but basically had a line going all day was Shadowverse, which is a digital card game int he same realm of titles like Hearthstone and Ascension, but with a much wider library that has 1,000 cards. The game is actually growing at an exponential rate in Japan and is becoming one of the biggest esports titles over there as we speak. In December, the company will be holding a global tournament for the game.
The company also had talked of a new console title they’ve partnered with PlatinumGames over called Granblue Fantasy Re: Link, sponsoring a Street Fighter team that includes Daigo Umehara and PR Balrog, and chatting briefly about their two animes Granblue and Bahamut. The company has a lot of things going on at the moment that make it really awesome to want to check out down the road, but for now, we have to be a little patient as we probably won’t hear a lot of new details on their game library until Tokyo Game Show.
- Sony to Sponsor Indie Developers Once More at Tokyo Game Show
- Checking Out Some of the Overwatch Goodies from Jinx at PAX East
- Finding Our Arcade B-Ball Skills Again with Dunk Lords
- Taking Down Criminals With a Time Limit in RICO
- Racing While Marking Our Territory in Trailblazers from PAX East
- Wandering Aimlessly as a Hero at PAX East with Decay Of Logos
- Getting Lost in Space with Memories of Mars at PAX East
- Trying to Figure Out Where The Car Went in GRIP from PAX East
- We Actually Liked Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn at PAX East
- Crawling Through Different Dungeons with Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
- All the Jiggly Fighting You Could Need in SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
- Dungeon Crawling with Hell's Demons in The Lost Child