It isn’t often you’re given a floppy disc with a hidden USB inside it from a company, but that’s what 3D Realms gave us to show off the game Ion Maiden after we tried it out at PAX East. If you have an old-school DOOM itch that needs scratching, this is probably going to do it for you in the best way possible.
I’ll be honest: I totally forgot everything about the story in this game and just started running around guns blazing as this game basically runs off the same engine models as other games from that era did. Its basically you against the world finding key cards, new guns, tons of ammo, and hidden doors as you zoom around the level taking out what looks like Rambo-style Grim Reapers who just want to kill the hell out of you.
I loved all the added bonuses and hidden stuff throughout the game — this truly was an awesome throwback title to play at PAX. The game is coming sometime this year to PC, but we weren’t given a formal date as to when that would happen. If this genre is up your alley, we recommend finding a demo of Ion Maiden as soon as possible.
- Trying to Figure Out Where The Car Went in GRIP from PAX East
- We Actually Liked Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn at PAX East
- Crawling Through Different Dungeons with Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
- All the Jiggly Fighting You Could Need in SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
- Time Keeps on Slipping for Us in Planet Alpha
- Trying Desperately to Accomplish Things with Mugsters at PAX East
- Giving Space Exploration a Shot with Genesis Alpha One
- Having Fun With the Mail in Yoku’s Island Express
- Playing For the Sake of Having Fun with Happy Salmon at PAX East
- Enplex Games Announces New Survival MMO Game Population Zero - December 11, 2018
- WBIE Will Relaunch MK Kollective to Prepare for Mortal Kombat 11 - December 11, 2018
- Review: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Gear by JINX - December 11, 2018
- Overwatch Launches Winter Wonderland with New Updates - December 11, 2018
- Fortnite Adds Swords to the Game in Latest Patch - December 11, 2018