SEGA has announced that both Shenmue I & II are going to be re-released on current gen consoles and PC. The re-release will allow a new generation of players to go on a thrilling adventure across recreations of Japan and Hong Kong to experience a tale of mystery and revenge on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam later this year. Like many re-releases, the latest edition of the games will come with some modernized features including a fully scale-able screen resolution, choice of modern or classic control schemes, PC graphics options, an updated user interface, and the option to enjoy the original English and Japanese voiceovers.
Since their original release, Shenmue I & II have established a passionate following and are revered as one of gaming’s greatest series of all time. These revolutionary masterpieces deliver a gripping story of retribution as Ryo Hazuki sets out to avenge his father’s death and attempts to unravel the secrets behind a mysterious artifact known as the Dragon Mirror.
Shenmue I & II will bring together the original feature set that defined modern gaming, including enthralling jujitsu combat, investigative sleuthing, and RPG elements in addition to memorable mini-games. If you haven’t played either game, you will absolutely want to keep your eye on this one, after all, the Shenmue series are must-play games for a reason.
You can check out the brand new announcement trailer below.
- Shenmue III Wants Too Much of Your Hard Drive Space to Be Played
- Sega Announces the MegaDrive Mini in Japan
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018