The last game we got to check out from NIS America while they visited PAX East was another dungeon crawler title with a bit of a twist to it called Dungeons with Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk.
The game keeps to the regular dungeon crawler aspect you would find in a lot of games in the genre, but its primary mechanic rests in a more traditional RPG format like you might have seen in titles from the NES and Sega Genesis days. You’ll still roam from tile to tile looking for adventure and navigating where it is you’re supposed to go, but when you step into a battle you’ll see still-frame creatures like the old days while your characters gather at the bottom of the screen for you to decide who does battle.
There’s a lot of other RPG elements we didn’t have time to get into during the demo, such as equipment and weapons management and how you decide what to do with the experience you gain as you explore. But ultimately when we were done with the game we were left with more of a sense of adventure compared to the other titles we played of the same genre. Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk is being set for a fall 2018 release on PC, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.
- Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk Receives a New English Trailer
- NIS America Releases a Gameplay Trailer for The Lost Child
- NIS America Introduces Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk Cast
- A Friendly Hello as we Check In With the People at Cygames
- Getting a Taste of Co-Op Puzzling Again with Pode
- Catching Up with Overwatch at PAX East During the Payload Tour
- Catching Up With the Folks From DropMix at PAX East
- Playing With Hasbro's Monopoly Gamer at PAX East
- Getting My Speedy Killer '90s Groove on in Ion Maiden
- Trying to Figure Out Which is the Head in Phogs at PAX East
- Deathgarden Will Include Multiple Multiplayer Modes
- Who is Fooling Who Here? We Try Out The Game STAY at PAX East
- Time Keeps on Slipping for Us in Planet Alpha
- Fortnite Gears Up for Season 6 and the Impending Fall Skirmish - September 20, 2018
- Sony Is Getting Out of the Handheld Gaming Business - September 20, 2018
- Kamehameha! We Review Razer’s Dragon Ball FighterZ Panthera Arcade Stick - September 20, 2018
- The Gardens Between Receives a New Launch Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Making Money!: We Review Dungeons & Dragons – Waterdeep: Dragon Heist - September 20, 2018