At the end of day three at PAX East, we found ourselves at the Team17 booth trying out several games with their crew, and the first one to come up on our list was a Nintendo Switch title called Yoku’s Island Express. The game is actually kind of fun and takes the idea of living creatures on an island to a new cute level. You play an ant with a ball named Yoku who takes over the postal service for this particular island you’re standing on. In order for you to get around, you use a series of tunnels that are controlled by bumpers and flippers, much like a pinball machine, that will hurl you into specific directions that you’ll need to navigate.
We have to applaud the developers for coming up with a new and clever way of utilizing such an old-school mechanic that’s been around for decades and dressing it up in something new and innovative for the genre. It’s the perfect title for the Nintendo Switch, and good thing too as the game is set to be released sometime this year for that as well as PC, PS4, and Xbox One. This is the kind of game we’d personally spend hours on trying to beat it, so we can’t wait for it to be released.
- Yoku’s Island Express Gets a Formal Release Date for May
- Hex Building in the Sky as Best We Can with Volantia from PAX East
- Getting My Speedy Killer '90s Groove on in Ion Maiden
- Trying to Figure Out Which is the Head in Phogs at PAX East
- Who is Fooling Who Here? We Try Out The Game STAY at PAX East
- Time Keeps on Slipping for Us in Planet Alpha
- Trying Desperately to Accomplish Things with Mugsters at PAX East
- Giving Space Exploration a Shot with Genesis Alpha One
- Playing For the Sake of Having Fun with Happy Salmon at PAX East
- Taking Survival to the Next Level with North Star Games' Evolution
- Enjoying the Animated Beauty That is Banner Saga 3
- Checking Out What Dell and Alienware Had to Show at PAX East
- Forward Thinking and Running Too in Dungeon Stars from PAX East