A game that combined a few different genres into one experimental title came to use from Team17 at PAX East when we sat down at a PC and gave Genesis Alpha One a shot. The game kind of puts you in an Interstellar type scenario where Earth is a rotting pile of garbage and it’s up to you and your plucky crew to find us somewhere else to call home, or at the very least steal resources from so we can keep searching. You start the game by crafting a spaceship to travel in and make use of resources that are both required to run it and keep the crew in top physical condition. When you find a planet, you switch to first-person mode to head down and kill off aliens and collect what you need.
If you die, don’t worry, you got two options in either a clone of yourself or one of the crew being promoted to captain to take over, depending on the resources you have on board. We only got to try a little bit of the game and could tell its still in development, but it looks like it will be a lot of fun when it’s eventually released on PC, PS4, and Xbox One sometime in 2018.
- Messing Around with Happy Birthdays at PAX East
- Hex Building in the Sky as Best We Can with Volantia from PAX East
- Getting My Speedy Killer '90s Groove on in Ion Maiden
- Trying to Figure Out Which is the Head in Phogs at PAX East
- Who is Fooling Who Here? We Try Out The Game STAY at PAX East
- Time Keeps on Slipping for Us in Planet Alpha
- Playing For the Sake of Having Fun with Happy Salmon at PAX East
- Enjoying the Animated Beauty That is Banner Saga 3
- Checking Out What Dell and Alienware Had to Show at PAX East
- Is SNK Teasing a Mini Neo Geo Console for Their 40th Anniversary? - April 19, 2018
- TinyBuild Games Shows Off the Graveyard Keeper Reveal Trailer - April 19, 2018
- Michelle Rodriguez and Kristine Leahy Will Guest Star on H1Z1 Pro League - April 19, 2018
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 To Receive Infinity War DLC Pack - April 19, 2018
- 50 vs. 50 Will Be Returning to Fortnite For a Limited Time - April 19, 2018