Once in a while, you come across an indie developer that makes your heart smile for days because you know they’re making an awesome effort. That’s the way I felt after chatting with the husband and wife duo of Robot Loves Kitty as they showed me their latest game, Super Tony Land. It’s very clear when you play it that it’s heavily influenced by the Super Mario Bros. franchise, along with a bit of Mario Maker thrown into the mix, but the game stands out for a lot of the ridiculous designs and the mechanics they added to their platformer to make it less like a copy and more like an homage with extra bells and whistles.
The level creator is the highlight of it as you can basically design the objects you’re given to do practically anything, as you can see below from people who have made rocketships and tanks, as well as enemy gauntlet levels, all of which can be shared online when the game is released sometime this Spring on Steam. I had a lot of fun messing with the game and playing both the normal campaign as well as the level editor. Oh, and it was awesome to get a home-baked cookie as a treat while playing. I recommend checking it out for you Mario Maker fans with an itch to scratch.
- Feeling the Weight of the World in Dark Devotion
- Can a Gamer Beat a Pro Driver in a Race? Need for Speed Payback and Castrol Edge Put it to the Test
- Reliving All of Our Old Quake Survival Days in Dusk
- Ashes of Creation Wants to Change How You Play MMOs, and It Just Might Succeed
- Delving Into Nothing but Hell with Amid Evil at PAX East
- SEGA Releases New Music Tracks From Team Sonic Racing - November 15, 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Summoners War Funko POP! Figures - November 15, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Will Soon Be Getting a Set of Wines - November 15, 2018
- Sony Says They Will Not Be Attending E3 2019 - November 15, 2018
- Creed: Rise to Glory Receives a Creed II Character Update - November 15, 2018