If you’ve ever hitchhiked in your life, chances are you know the paranoia of not knowing who you’re with. Now add in a creepy mystery about who you actually are with a fixed POV and you get Hitchhiker: First Ride, which we tried out at PAX East. The game puts you into the role of a faceless hitchhiker who gets into the car of an older man who is just driving through the countryside eating raisins, but the moment you get in the car you get put into a position of having a specific perspective for certain points of the game. Sometimes you see the guy, sometimes you look out the window, sometimes you see things from outside the car or maybe looking at the dashboard. The game ties what happens to the memories people fixate on, only here you’re forced to have specific memories.
The game will also have you striking up a conversation with the driver and occasionally checking out objects, that could steer the conversation into areas you may not wish to go. It’s a very creepy game with one of the most pleasant settings you’ll ever find yourself in. We weren’t given a release date of any kind on Hitchhiker: First Ride, only that it was still in development at the time we got the demo. We hope to see it sometime this year if they manage to get it where they want it.
- Taking Survival to the Next Level with North Star Games' Evolution
- Enjoying the Animated Beauty That is Banner Saga 3
- Checking Out What Dell and Alienware Had to Show at PAX East
- A Detective With A Heart of Gin and Regret in Disco Elysium
- Moonlighter Gives Us a Taste of Dungeon Exploration with Failure Risk
- Killing Zombies to the Beat at PAX East with Double Kick Heroes
- Acting Like a Real Lumiere in Candleman: The Complete Journey
- Doing Futuristic Detective Work in Tales of the Neon Sea
- Breaking Into South American Cults with The Church in the Darkness
- Locke Cole is Now Playable in Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - June 21, 2018
- Monster Prom Adds New DLC with Its “F*ckin’ Hot Update” - June 21, 2018
- Crackdown’s Series Creator No Longer Working on Crackdown 3 - June 21, 2018
- Overwatch is Teasing Something New, but We Don’t Know What - June 21, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Will Be Getting a Physical Release - June 21, 2018