Professional dancer Lindsay Arnold is returning to defend her Dancing with the Stars title when the show returns to ABC for its 26th season, which is set for an Athletes edition of the dance competition series. The network revealed the full athlete/dancer pairings during Friday morning’s Good Morning America; with the season premiere set for Monday, May 21st at 8 p.m.
On the athletes side, Josh Norman, Arike Ogunbowale, Johnny Damon and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar will be joining Olympians Adam Rippon, Jamie Anderson, Jennie Finch, Tonya Harding, Mirai Nagasu and Chris Mazdzer. Arnold will be joined by fellow professional dancers Sharna Burgess, Witney Carson, Emma Slater, Jenna Johnson, Gleb Savchenko, Artem Chigvintsev, Keo Motsepe, Alan Bersten, and Sasha Farber.
Here’s how the formal pairings for the Athletes edition of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars stack up:
Dancing with the Stars sets its sights on the sports world when it returns MONDAY, APRIL 30 8|7c with a special athletes edition. Ten athletes from all corners of the sports world will be teamed up with professional dancers and compete on the ballroom floor for a chance to win the coveted Mirrorball trophy.
Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews are back to guide us through this exciting 4-week event along with your favorite judges. Of course, it’s still all about the fans who ultimately help determine which teams make the cut each week with their votes during the biggest dance party on the planet!
Adam Rippon with Jenna Johnson
Arike Ogunbowale with Gleb Savchenko
Chris Mazdzer with Witney Carson
Jamie Anderson with Artem Chigvintsev
Jennie Finch Daigle with Keo Motsepe
Johnny Damon with Emma Slater
Josh Norman with Sharna Burgess
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with Lindsay Arnold
Mirai Nagasu with Alan Bersten
Tonya Harding with Sasha Farber
- ‘The Politician’: Ryan Murphy Casts 4 More for Ben Platt/Gwyneth Paltrow Netflix Series - July 16, 2018
- Sean Penn Series ‘The First’ Gets Launch Date, First-Look Images from Hulu - July 16, 2018
- AMC Offers First Looks at Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Ahead of SDCC - July 16, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Adds Tony Nominee Lauren Ridloff as Connie - July 16, 2018
- ‘Preacher’ Preview: Herr Starr Schools Humperdoo as Allfather Eyes Jesse - July 16, 2018