One of the things that can make prequels fun is when you get to watch characters evolve into the versions we see when we first met them. There isn’t any tension as far as life stakes go because we know the character survives, so the movie has to work twice as hard to make the character’s emotional journey hit that much harder. In the case of Solo: A Star Wars Story part of that journey is going to be watching Chewie and Han learn to get along. According to star Alden Ehrenreich in USA Today, the two don’t exactly get along right away.
“Chewie’s about 190 years old, so he’s not exactly young in Wookiee terms,” Ehrenreich says. “They both have very strong personalities so they butt heads a little bit.”
The Han we meet in Solo is also not exactly the Han we meet in A New Hope. He’s younger, more idealistic, and watching him turn into the cynic we love is part of the journey we’re going to take in this movie.
“He’s more of an idealist in hardscrabble circumstances, dreaming of a better life and all the adventures he’s going to have,” Ehrenreich says. “Part of the fun is watching him face reality and learn some hard lessons.”
We also have a new image of Han and Chewie.
Summary: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018