Dodger Stadium is one of baseballs iconic ballparks, and in two years it will play host to the mid-summer classic. Announced late on Tuesday, Los Angeles will play host to the MLB All-Star game in 2020. It will be the first time since 1980 that Dodger Stadium has hosted the game, which was won by the National League 4-2. Four Dodger players started that game, and with young stars like Cody Bellinger, Justin Turner, Corey Seager, and more it is a safe bet they will be in the line-up that day in Chavez Ravine.
“It’s been a long time, a long time,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts told reporters before Tuesday night’s home game against the Oakland Athletics. “So, for Major League Baseball and the city of Los Angeles to come together and get it here in 2020, I think it’s a thrill not only for the Dodgers, but for the great fans of Los Angeles.”
The team called on legendary baseball announcer Vin Scully to make the announcement in a prerecorded video, and man does the game miss him:
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 11, 2018
This years game will be played on July 17 in Washington D.C. It will be the first time the game has been played there since 1962. In 2019, the Cleveland Indians will host baseball’s best inside Progressive Field in Cleveland. The Land last hosted the game in 1997.
Dodger Stadium is long-overdue to host the All-Star Game, it was actually surprising to know it had been that long since it happened. Along with the Future’s Game, featuring top MLB Prospects, and of course the Home Run Derby, baseball will take over Hollywood for three days in July 2020. And yes Vin, we can’t wait either. See you there.
- Clark Gregg Has Arrived on the Set of Captain Marvel
- Discovering a Game That Made Me Feel Feelings in Solo at PAX East
- Disney's Live-Action 'Mulan' Adaptation Gains Donnie Yen
- 'Handmaids Tale' Author Margaret Atwood Talks Star Wars and Terrorists
- Netflix Says Au Revoir to Cannes Film Festival Following Rule Change
- Grant Gustin's Friends and Crew Members Challenge Him to Races
- Stan Lee's Comikaze/LA ComicCon Rebranding Again, Now Beyond Fest Expo LA
- Arrow Season 6: Inside the Episode 'Fundamentals'
- The Kickass Women of Silicon Valley Comic Con 2018
- DC-Loving Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia Wins Second Term; Still No Snyder Cut
- In Amazon's New Picnic at Hanging Rock Trailer, Time Is Running Out
- Mondo Celebrates the Spider-Verse With Posters, Pins - December 12, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at Scream Factory’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Next Generation Blu-ray - December 11, 2018
- Just About Every Walking Dead Comic Ever is in an Auction Ending Today on Comic Connect - December 11, 2018
- NECA Releasing Yet Another Ultimate Pennywise Figure in 2019 - December 11, 2018
- Fallout Fans Will Want to Order the New Toynk Nanoforce Figures - December 11, 2018