The trailers and marketing for Deadpool 2 are making it seem like it’s going to be a prequel to X-Force more than anything else. That isn’t that surprising considering the genre but according to director David Leitch to USA Today his motivations are not exactly what you’d expect from a superhero movie building to a team event.
“Building a team in the classic style of all action movies, there’s great opportunity for conflict,” Leitch says. “But it’s not because he doesn’t want to. Maybe his fun, never-stop-talking personality is a little grating and people get tired of him. It’s not for lack of his good heart. At the end of the day, he wants to be a better person and do the right thing, and sometimes his thinking is flawed, like all of us.”
We also got a new image with a shot of Colossus.
Summary(?): After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.
Deadpool 2, directed by David Leitch, stars Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, T.J. Miller, Josh Brolin, Brianna Hildebrand, and Zazie Beetz. It will be released on May 18th.
- Espolòn Tequila Brings on New 'Creative Director For Culture n Stuff', Deadpool
- 'The Division' Film Gains Deadpool 2 Director David Leitch
- 2 Deadpool Bars Coming: One in LA One in NYC
- New Red Trailer for Assassination Nation Show Off the Violence - July 17, 2018
- Director James Wan Talks About the Tone of Aquaman - July 17, 2018
- James Wan Had a Request for the Producers of Justice League Concerning Aquaman - July 17, 2018
- Aquaman: The Black Manta Suit Is Straight out of the Comics - July 17, 2018
- Agent Carter Producer Says a Netflix Revival Probably Wouldn’t Work - July 17, 2018