Square Enix has released the first patch for Chrono Trigger on Steam. This patch is the first of several planned to enhance the game’s presentation and features based on player feedback. So, yes, the game will hopefully be getting better. The highlights of this first patch are an “original” setting for graphic options, updated font and dialogue boxes, and an adjusted start-up sequence. Mostly these changes are designed to bring the modern edition of Chrono Trigger more in-line with the original 1995 release of the game.
The specifics of the patch includes:
- ‘Original’ Graphics Setting: A new option will allow players to choose between the current high-resolution character sprites and background graphics, or an ‘Original’ mode which has a display style closer to that of the original CHRONO TRIGGER.
- Updated Font and Dialogue Boxes: Fonts and dialogue window graphics are updated to give the game a more classic look and feel.
- Adjusted Start-Up Sequence: The order of the animated opening sequences when starting a new game is reworked to be more in line with previous versions of the game.
- Additional enhancements and fixes to the text and graphics within the game to enhance the PC play experience.
Subsequent patches coming to the game will include additional UI optimization for PC users playing with either a gamepad or keyboard and mouse, improved resolution in animated cut-scenes, and an extension of the sales on the Chrono Trigger Limited Edition. The Limited Edition includes PC wallpapers, a medley of the game’s music and digital liner notes by composer Yasunori Mitsuda, and will now be available until April 30, 2018.
Chrono Trigger is available now on STEAM as well as the iOS Appstore, Google Play, and Amazon Appstore.
- Square Enix Sends Another Patch to Chrono Trigger on Steam
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018
- Fortnite’s Mysterious Rifts are Now Spawning Item Drops - July 9, 2018
- Holographic Popstar Hatsune Miku Joins the Cast of Master of Eternity - July 9, 2018