Today’s latest example of chain box stores spoiling everything for us, it appears that Target may have just given away the release date for one of the most anticipated games in the past decade with Kingdom Hearts III. The image below has been making the rounds today, first on Reddit and then hitting the news circuit without anyone from Square Enix coming out and calling it a false. It shows a listing from Target that’s now been removed showing that the game will be released on November 1st, 2018.
As far as leaks go, if you’re going to trust any source when it comes to retail companies screwing up a listing, Target and Wal-Mart tend to be the two who do it the most frequent have the most accurate information, as we’ve seen over the past few years of both companies revealing major AAA titles ahead of time. So we’re going to take this at face value and assume it’s right, especially since it comes right around the holiday season. The one hiccup in all of this is that the date falls on a Thursday, which is odd. So it actually could be this is the pre-order date being pushed to a couple weeks before the game comes out, and the actual release being in late November (possibly during Thanksgiving week) to fall in line with the holiday shopping season.
In any case, at least you have an idea of when to save your $60 for the game.
- Rumor: More Kingdom Hearts III Worlds have Been Revealed
- Kingdom Hearts Orchestra Announces Dates for World Tour Encore
- Everything We Know About Kingdom Hearts III So Far
- Tetsuya Nomura Included a Surprise in Kingdom Hearts III He's Wanted to Add Since Working on Final Fantasy
- D23 Expo Japan 2018 Shows Off New Kingdom Hearts III Trailers
- Fear The Wolves Receives a Pair of Videos to Aid Players - July 16, 2018
- There’s a Shortage of Copies of Octopath Traveler in Japan - July 15, 2018
- According to Multiple Reports, Pokémon GO Fest Was a Success This Time - July 15, 2018
- MoonQuest is Finally Released After Seven Years of Development - July 15, 2018
- Konami Offers Internship to the P.T. Remake Creator After Shut Down - July 15, 2018