Twitch is going to be getting some interesting content for the platform on April 11th, as Neill Blomkamp will be bringing over all the short films that he and his Oats Studios team have created for a livestream. Kicking off at 11am PDT on Wednesday at Twitch.TV/OatsStudios, the crew will be showing each of the short films we have listed below, which will be followed by a live Q&A session between the creators (which will include Blomkamp, Art Director Rich Simpson, and VFX Supervisor, Chris Harvey) and the fans in chat. If you like what you see, you can donate to the stream which will go toward making Firebase into a full-length film. Here are a couple quotes about the events from Blomkamp and Twitch regarding tomorrow’s event.
“Since Oats Studios has created a lot of films, doing a live director’s commentary for the first time on Twitch is a great way to connect with our fans from all over the world,” said NeillBlomkamp. “After we screen each film, we will be discussing them live with the audience and look forward to a spirited conversation with the Twitch community.”
“Twitch has proven itself as the premier destination for a live shared viewing experience around televised content,” said Michael Aragon, SVP of Content, Twitch. “Since Neill Blomkamp’s Oats Studios event marks the first time a film director has taken to Twitch to showcase a slate of movies, interact with viewers, and possibly mark the first Twitch community-funded feature film, we’re excited about the future opportunities this could unlock with Hollywood content.”
● Rakka is a military science fiction short film about an Earth enslaved by aliens and stars Sigourney Weaver.
● God is a four-minute short film about a deity manipulating a tribe of prehistoric humans.
● Zygote is a science fiction horror short film about survivors trapped in an Arctic mine fleeing a monster and stars Dakota Fanning.
● Kapture is a five-minute, fully-CGI short film about a military weapons manufacturing facility using unethical means to test its products.
● Firebase is a science fiction horror short film set in an alternate reality within the Vietnam War.
- "You Never Know", Sigourney Weaver Says About Blomkamp's 'Alien'
- Twitch Announces New Monetization with Bits in Extensions
- Twitch and NBA 2K League Sign Multiyear Streaming Deal
- Twitch and Shout! Factory to Air 'Home Movies' Marathon This Month
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Wednesday, April 11
- Andre Ingram Fever Hits Lakers, NBA for 2 Days at Least
- Twitch to Host a Gaming Livestream to Promote Rampage
- Battlerite is Getting its Own Esports League Thanks to Twitch and Nexon
- Super League Gaming Launches SuperLeagueTV on Twitch
- Looking Over the Free Games for Twitch Prime Members in April
- PlayStation 4's Twitch App Received a Massive Update Today