There can be real difference when it comes to seeing a movie that was shot with IMAX cameras compared to a movie that was just released in IMAX. Audiences are getting more and more savvy to the differences — and with ticket prices continually going up, people want more bang for their buck. Wonder Woman has been the breakout success story of the DC Extended Universe, so it wasn’t that surprising when we got an announcement that the sequel would be using IMAX cameras, according to IMAX exec Greg Foster in a call (transcript from Seeking Alpha).
“I’m excited to announce that Wonder Woman 2, which comes out in the second half of 2019, will be shot with IMAX film cameras in select sequences. This Warner Brothers DC production, the sequel of the global juggernaut from 2017, is directed by Patty Jenkins and produced by Chuck Roven and Rebecca Oakley Roven. And we couldn’t be more excited that IMAX has been chosen to be a part of the film’s design.”
We can expect that Warner Bros. and DC aren’t going to pull any punches when it comes to Wonder Woman 2. It’s already a hugely anticipated movie, and they are crossing their fingers that director Patty Jenkins makes lightning strike twice. It’s actually kind of surprising they aren’t shooting the entire movie in IMAX like Marvel is with Avengers: Infinity War. However, they may still a bit on edge after so many other guaranteed success movies like Batman v Superman and Justice League underperformed.
Wonder Woman 2, directed by Patty Jenkins, stars Gal Gadot, Kristen Wiig, and Pedro Pascal. It will be released on November 1st, 2019.
- Wonder Woman Indeed - Gal Gadot Visits Children's Hospital in Costume
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Monday, April 9
- Wrestlemania 34 Was Great, Until It Wasn't Anymore
- Emmet Throws a Holiday Party in this New The LEGO 2: The Second One Short - December 10, 2018
- [Very] Early Estimates Say Avengers: Endgame Could Make $2B at the Worldwide Box Office - December 9, 2018
- Amy Adams Thinks She’s Out of the DC Universe - December 9, 2018
- Carol Danvers Stands Tall in This New Poster for Captain Marvel - December 8, 2018
- First Trailer for Brightburn Imagines ‘What If Superman Was Evil?’ - December 8, 2018