Ever since Mark Millar sold Millarworld and its associated comic book properties to Netflix, people have wondered how it would work. Millar has chosen Image Comics to publish these Netflix-owned comics — so far — with The Magic Order. And we heard word about comic industry staffers being recruited in New York for Netflix. But would Netflix actually get around to putting them in print or publishing them digitally through their Netflix service? Maybe publish through Image initially, just as Image published through Malibu initially back in 1992.
At C2E2’s Mark Millar Spotlight panel today, Mark Millar has been going through his current work and plans, but confirmed that “Netflix isn’t getting into publishing. That’s not part of the plan.”
There you go. From Mark Millar’s mouth. If Netflix Comics was ever a plan… it isn’t now.
- The Daily LITG – 19th October 2018 – Happy Birthday Jim Starlin - October 19, 2018
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018