Ever since Mark Millar sold Millarworld and its associated comic book properties to Netflix, people have wondered how it would work. Millar has chosen Image Comics to publish these Netflix-owned comics — so far — with The Magic Order. And we heard word about comic industry staffers being recruited in New York for Netflix. But would Netflix actually get around to putting them in print or publishing them digitally through their Netflix service? Maybe publish through Image initially, just as Image published through Malibu initially back in 1992.
At C2E2’s Mark Millar Spotlight panel today, Mark Millar has been going through his current work and plans, but confirmed that “Netflix isn’t getting into publishing. That’s not part of the plan.”
There you go. From Mark Millar’s mouth. If Netflix Comics was ever a plan… it isn’t now.
- Alan Davis Joins Captain America #703 - April 26, 2018
- Which Back Issues are Getting the Avengers: Infinity War Effect – and Which Ones Might Be About To - April 26, 2018
- Many Armors of Iron Man Mini-Comic Given Away for Tony Stark: Iron Man Launch Party - April 26, 2018
- Why the Movie Thanos is More Chilling Than the Comic Book Thanos [Minor Spoilers] - April 26, 2018
- Almost All Marvel Comics Nominated for Eisners This Year Have Been Cancelled - April 26, 2018