Ever since Mark Millar sold Millarworld and its associated comic book properties to Netflix, people have wondered how it would work. Millar has chosen Image Comics to publish these Netflix-owned comics — so far — with The Magic Order. And we heard word about comic industry staffers being recruited in New York for Netflix. But would Netflix actually get around to putting them in print or publishing them digitally through their Netflix service? Maybe publish through Image initially, just as Image published through Malibu initially back in 1992.
At C2E2’s Mark Millar Spotlight panel today, Mark Millar has been going through his current work and plans, but confirmed that “Netflix isn’t getting into publishing. That’s not part of the plan.”
There you go. From Mark Millar’s mouth. If Netflix Comics was ever a plan… it isn’t now.
- Supergirl Season 4 to Debut TV’s First Transgender Superhero, Dreamer - July 21, 2018
- Preview: Shuri #1 from Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- The New Fantastic Four Big Bad Is… The Griever - July 21, 2018
- ComicsPRO Retailers React to Batman #50 Returnability - July 21, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga Making Books of Blood, a Clive Barker Horror Anthology TV Series for Hulu - July 21, 2018