Cinemax is set to show viewers a more dangerous side to Harry Potter creator/author J.K. Rowling, setting Friday, June 1st at 10 p.m. ET for the premiere of its action-packed series based on pseudonym Robert Galbraith‘s crime novels, C.B. Strike. The series launches with three one-hour episodes that will cover The Cuckoo’s Calling, followed by four one-hour episodes that will cover The Silkworm and Career of Evil.
“We’re looking for opportunities to broaden our audience [on Cinemax] and appeal to viewers besides the kind of core adrenaline-action oriented viewer, and we had an opportunity with C.B. Strike — it’s a very appealing, entertaining kind of whodunit show.”
– Kary Antholis, President, HBO Miniseries and Cinemax Programming / HBO Programming
C.B. Strike stars Tom Burke (The Musketeers) as Cormoran Strike, a war veteran-turned-private detective who works from a small office in London. Though still sufferings from wounds both physical and psychological, Strike’s unique insight and background as a military police investigator prove essential in solving three difficult cases that continue baffling the police Holliday Grainger (Cinderella) stars as Robin Venetia Ellacott, Strike’s assistant and secretary.
C.B. STRIKE is based on the bestselling crime novels written by Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. Starring Tom Burke (“Only God Forgives”) and Holliday Grainger (“The Borgias”), the story centers on Strike, a war veteran turned private detective, operating out of a tiny office in London’s Denmark Street. Although wounded both physically and psychologically, Strike’s unique insight and his background as a military police investigator prove crucial in solving three complex cases that have baffled the police.
Produced in association with BBC, C.B. Strike (released in the U.K. as Strike) is a Bronte Film and Television production; with Rowling, Neil Blair and Ruth Kenley-Letts executive producing all episodes. Ben Richards will also serve as an executive producer on The Cuckoo’s Calling, with Tom Edge joining as an executive producer on Career of Evil and The Silkworm.
- 20 Years Since the Battle of Hogwarts, Plus JK Rowling’s Annual Death Apology
- MLB Games That You Should Watch On Saturday, April 7
- [Spoiler-Free] A Quiet Place Review: The Best Movie of the Year So Far
- How Things Got To Be: A Look Back at Season 2 Finale ‘The End of the Road’ [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 23, 2018
- American Gods Season 2 Update: Cast Dinner, Axe Throwing, and a Stormare Selfie - June 23, 2018
- The Grail Finds Jesse, God-Dog Rolls Out, and Humperdoo Dances in ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Preview [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 23, 2018
- Preacher Previews: Cassidy Talks Tulip with Jesse, Unrequited Love with Gran’ma [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 22, 2018
- Time’s Up for NBC’s ‘Timeless’ as Network Cancels Series for Second Time - June 22, 2018