Rogue Snail’s Relic Hunters Legend is a follow-up to their 2015 hit Relic Hunters Zero, which has done incredibly well for itself as a Steam Indie game. It’s currently in an Alpha build with the game’s first beta slated to start sometime next month. The GDC demo of the game was a four-player skirmish match, which will be playable at PAX East this weekend.
The game’s combat should feel familiar if you played the original, but even if you didn’t, it’s an isometric third-person shooter game. The four-player Skirmish match is a PVE stage where you and three other players use the environment to your advantage as you take out a bunch of enemy ducks. It’s a keyboard and mouse game, so its a pretty tight shooter in that sense. Its also got text chat so you can communicate with your teammates inside the game client without having to rely on Steam’s VOIP or a third-party service like Discord.
Honestly, it feels a little too familiar, at least at this stage in development, but the game has a long way to go before release.
Relic Hunters Legend is set to release on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux in 2019. You can join the Alpha and Beta test phases by becoming a Founder. You can pick up a Founder’s Pack here.
Rogue Snail are also taking the game with them to PAX East next week, if you’re at the show, you’ll be able to find Relic Hunters Legend at the Indie MegaBooth (Booth #13085), and they just might have some loot for you if you swing by. If you aren’t at the show or want to brush up on your Relic Hunters game before the demo, you can check out the GDC walkthrough with Game Designer Mark Venturelli below.
- Indie MEGABOOTH Opens Submissions for GDC and PAX East 2019
- Discord Announces Their First Seven Games Coming to the Service
- Microsoft Teams With Discord, But Doesn't Include Audio Service
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018
- EA DICE Reveals New Info on Battlefield V’s War Stories - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018