Insomniac Games and Sony have finally revealed the release date for their long-awaited PS4 exclusive Spider-Man game, which means its time to start keeping track of everything we know about the game so far. Thankfully for us, Game Informer has a ton of information on the game after a lengthy period of silence, which means we’ve got a ton of new details for you. And we’ll probably get more relatively soon. As always, we will be updating this list as we get more information so do make sure to check back in.
- It will release on September 7, 2018.
- The titular Spider-Man is in fact Peter Parker, though he’s sporting a brand new spidey-suit.
- The game will not have any micro-transactions, but will get three story pack DLC expansions.
- Mr. Negative and Kingpin are confirmed as villains in the game, however GI‘s exclusive gameplay reveal did hint at some more villains like Shocker (in a weirdly Iron-Man styled armor), Rhino, Scorpion, Taskmaster, and Vulture. And Black Cat will be the star of the game’s first DLC.
- The game features a realistic version of New York City with the iconic landmarks and the city’s solid grid system. That said, the Wakandan Embassy, Avengers Tower, and Sanctum Sanctorum are all featured in the game in their fictional locations. No word on whether the characters associated with those buildings will make it into the game, however.
- Insomniac’s Spider-Man will not include the well-known balloon hunting sidequest from Spider-Man 2, though the game will have a bunch of side-quests. Examples of side-quests include
- Peter scouring the city for backpacks he’d previously webbed
- Taking down Kingpin controlled outposts
- Stopping random street crimes
- Taking photos of gold cats for Black Cat
- Defusing bombs Taskmaster stashed around the city
- Spidey can interact with New York City’s citizens by swapping high fives, taking selfies, or pointing finger guns at random citizens. You know, the usual Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man antics.
- The game takes place over the course of a few weeks, but we still don’t know much of the plot.
- Mary Jane is a playable character, she is aware of Peter’s identity, but they are not romantically involved. She also has a new career.
- Uncle Ben will not be dying in-game, so we’re not going there this time around.
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018