Marvel Comics has the rights to publish Conan comic books from next year. Current rights owners Dark Horse are winding down their Conan comic schedules as a result.
But in Europe, Conan is public domain. Which is how come Glenat, one of France’s biggest publishers, is putting out a series of Conan comics from top-flight comic creators. Being translated into all manner of languages, save English.
Titan Comics, the natural go-to for such an English translation won’t do so without being able to rely on an American audience as well as a British, Irish, Australian, Canadian and South African audience.
So the only people who might be up for it is Marvel. If they even knew these comic books existed.
Well, today is the Diamond Summit being held in Chicago before C2E2.
First, we have Conan in Queen Of The Black Coast – or La Reine de la côte noire by Jean-David Morvan and Pierre Alary. And we have The Black Colossus or Le Colosse noir by Vincent Brugeas and Ronan Toulhoat. With an eleven page preview for each.
What do you think, Marvel? Cheaper to license and translate already-created Conan comics that make your on from scratch? OR even do both? Just a thought…
And we have The Black Colossus or Le Colosse noir by Vincent Brugeas and Ronan Toulhoat.
- The Daily LITG – 21st October 2018 – Happy Birthday Paul Levitz - October 21, 2018
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018