Marvel Comics has the rights to publish Conan comic books from next year. Current rights owners Dark Horse are winding down their Conan comic schedules as a result.
But in Europe, Conan is public domain. Which is how come Glenat, one of France’s biggest publishers, is putting out a series of Conan comics from top-flight comic creators. Being translated into all manner of languages, save English.
Titan Comics, the natural go-to for such an English translation won’t do so without being able to rely on an American audience as well as a British, Irish, Australian, Canadian and South African audience.
So the only people who might be up for it is Marvel. If they even knew these comic books existed.
Well, today is the Diamond Summit being held in Chicago before C2E2.
First, we have Conan in Queen Of The Black Coast – or La Reine de la côte noire by Jean-David Morvan and Pierre Alary. And we have The Black Colossus or Le Colosse noir by Vincent Brugeas and Ronan Toulhoat. With an eleven page preview for each.
What do you think, Marvel? Cheaper to license and translate already-created Conan comics that make your on from scratch? OR even do both? Just a thought…
And we have The Black Colossus or Le Colosse noir by Vincent Brugeas and Ronan Toulhoat.
- Marvel True Believers Panel Previews Squirrel Girl, Marvel Rising, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Domino, Runaways, and Many More - July 22, 2018
- A Look Inside the Increasingly Late Mister Miracle at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- Swag from the Marvel True Believers Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- 148 More Cosplay Pics from San Diego Comic-Con 2018 – From Handmaids to Incredibles - July 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd July 2018 – Welcome To The Worlds Of DC - July 22, 2018