Marvel Comics has the rights to publish Conan comic books from next year. Current rights owners Dark Horse are winding down their Conan comic schedules as a result.
But in Europe, Conan is public domain. Which is how come Glenat, one of France’s biggest publishers, is putting out a series of Conan comics from top-flight comic creators. Being translated into all manner of languages, save English.
Titan Comics, the natural go-to for such an English translation won’t do so without being able to rely on an American audience as well as a British, Irish, Australian, Canadian and South African audience.
So the only people who might be up for it is Marvel. If they even knew these comic books existed.
Well, today is the Diamond Summit being held in Chicago before C2E2.
First, we have Conan in Queen Of The Black Coast – or La Reine de la côte noire by Jean-David Morvan and Pierre Alary. And we have The Black Colossus or Le Colosse noir by Vincent Brugeas and Ronan Toulhoat. With an eleven page preview for each.
What do you think, Marvel? Cheaper to license and translate already-created Conan comics that make your on from scratch? OR even do both? Just a thought…
And we have The Black Colossus or Le Colosse noir by Vincent Brugeas and Ronan Toulhoat.
- Eric Powell’s Video Update – and Albatross Funnybooks Solicits for July 2018 - April 19, 2018
- Stargate Anthology, Moon Maid, Ant & The Aardvark and Zorro Goes to Hell Launch in American Mythology July 2018 Solicits - April 19, 2018
- Zombie Tramp Hits #50 Amid Twelve Devils Dancing in Action Jab July 2018 Solicits - April 19, 2018
- Vault Comics Launches Submerged from Vita Ayala and Lisa Sterle - April 19, 2018
- The Final Deadpool 2 Trailer Gives Us Thanos, LinkedIn, Shatterstar… and Peter - April 19, 2018