BBC America announced today that it had renewed the critically acclaimed series Killing Eve for a second season, days before its April 8th premiere. Produced by Sid Gentle Films Ltd, the cat-and-mouse drama stars Sandra Oh (Grey’s Anatomy, Sideways) and Jodie Comer (The White Princess, Thirteen) and comes from Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag).
Killing Eve is a dramatic thriller revolving around a psychopathic assassin and the woman charged with hunting her down. A combination of brutal mischief-making and pathos, filled with sharp humour and high stakes action.
Sarah Barnett, BBC America President, commented, “This show has the thunder of women on both sides of the chase in Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer and, importantly, behind the camera with the lavishly brilliant Phoebe Waller-Bridge. The early response to Killing Eve has been incredible – for that reason, as well as the fact that we wholeheartedly love this original, funny, thrillingly entertaining series, we are delighted to move ahead with a second season before we even premiere.”
Based on the novellas by Luke Jennings, BBCA’s Killing Eve centres on two women; Eve is a bored, whip-smart, pay-grade security services operative whose desk-bound job doesn’t fulfil her fantasies of being a spy. Villanelle is an elegant, talented killer who clings to the luxuries her violent job affords her. Killing Eve topples the typical spy-action thriller as these two fiercely intelligent women, equally obsessed with each other, go head to head in a game of cat and mouse.
Killing Eve was renewed by BBC America President and GM Sarah Barnett and Nena Rodrigue, EVP of Original Programming, Acquisitions and Production. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Sally Woodward Gentle and Lee Morris will serve as executive producers and Sandra Oh as associate producer. The series is produced by Sid Gentle Films Ltd and distributed by Endeavor Content.
Killing Eve premieres Sunday, April 8, 8/7c on BBC America.
- Sandra Oh Makes History as First Asian Nominated for Lead Actress Drama at the Emmys
- New Era and Lids Announce 59FIFTY Blackout Collection
- Black Panther Gets a New Statue from Kotobukiya
- Avengers: Infinity War Gets an IMAX Poster, Still No Hawkeye
- New Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker Surprises ‘Her Universe’ Fashion Show at SDCC - July 19, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #1, Tony Stark: Iron Man #2, and Immortal Hulk #3 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - July 19, 2018
- Jodie Whittaker’s New Sonic Screwdriver Revealed at San Diego Comic-Con – and Where You Can Buy It - July 19, 2018
- Titans TV Series for DC Universe Will Drop 10 Episodes at Once Like Netflix - July 19, 2018
- Get Your Geek Nutbutter on at San Diego Comic-Con Tonight - July 19, 2018