This is the solicitation for Green Lanterns #44.
GREEN LANTERNS #44
(W) Tim Seeley (A) Ronan Cliquet (CA) Will Conrad
“GHOSTS OF THE PAST” part one! Jessica Cruz’s ring has a mind of its own, and it’s lashing out at her! Jess needs to find a way to defend herself against a ring that is making constructs against her will!In Shops: Apr 04, 2018
And here is the cover.
And indeed, it has the first issue of a story by Tim Seeley and Ronan Cliquet called ‘Ghosts Of The Past’.
Except it’s not as described in the solicitation. Or on the cover. At no point does Jessica Cruz’s ring have a mind of its own. At no point is it lashing out at her. At no point does Jess needs to find a way to defend herself against a ring that is making constructs against her will.
You know what? It’s a fine and engaging issue, that speaks to Jessica Cruz’ history and her issues being Green Lantern. But usually when changes like this are made, and yeah, things do change, we’re all human, DC Comics usually let people know what’s changing before it’s on the stand.
Just, for some reason, not in this case.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018