Asmodee Digital announced today they are bringing Fryxgames’ strategy board game Terraforming Mars to Steam, Google Play, and the Apple App Store. Developed by LuckyHammers, the digital edition of Terraforming Mars will launch into Early Access in May with the full launch coming later in the second quarter of this year.
Faithfully developed alongside the game’s original creator, Jacob Fryxelius, the digital edition of Terraforming Mars is a proper adaptation of the cult classic. Each player competes as a powerful corporation tasked with terraforming the Red Planet. Players create oceans, plant forests, import resources from Earth, and more in an effort to make Mars habitable for human life. Mars may be an unforgiving planet, but the real enemies are the competing organizations who will stop at nothing to claim Mars for themselves by sabotaging resources, crashing asteroids into fields, and wreaking havoc on mission-critical systems.
The digital edition will come with several game modes, including two single-player modes, where the player go terraform solo or against AI opponents. There’s also pass-and-play local multiplayer and online multiplayer.
“Terraforming Mars captured our imagination the moment we laid our eyes on it. Not only is it the most demanded and highest rated board game since its launch in 2016, it’s a far out trip to Mars!” says Philippe Dao, Chief Marketing Officer of Asmodee Digital. “We’re thrilled to work alongside Fryxgames in bringing their masterpiece to life for digital audiences.”
You can check out the digital edition announcement trailer below.
- Rise Nation Wins the CWL Seattle Championship Match with a 3:0 Victory - April 22, 2018
- The 2018 Call of Duty Championships will Take Place in Columbus in August - April 22, 2018
- EvilGeniuses Shuts Down eUnited with a 3-0 Victory in the CWL Winners Finals - April 22, 2018
- The CWL Seattle Loser’s Bracket is where the Real Action is on Day 3 - April 22, 2018
- Need Spare Parts for your Nintendo Labo? Templates are Now Available - April 22, 2018