The Fast and Furious movies might be playing up that everyone is a big family on screen, but things are not as great behind the scenes. Right before the release of the eighth movie Dwayne Johnson said he got into a feud with one of his cast members, and it was later revealed to be Vin Diesel. The Hollywood Reporter recently interviewed Johnson and pointed out how he didn’t really have a scene with Diesel in the entire movie.
“That is correct. We were not in any scenes together,” Johnson noted of the production on Fate of the Furious. “Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer. And what I came to realize is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach movie-making and collaborating. It took me some time, but I’m grateful for that clarity. Whether we work together again or not.”
This does leave the fate of Johnson’s character a bit up in the air when it comes to the main series, but they have decided to spin his character off into his own movie, which is due out next year.
“Right now I’m concentrating on making the [Fast and Furious Hobbs and Shaw] spinoff as good as it can be,” Johnson said. “I wish [Diesel] all the best and I harbor no ill will there, just because of the clarity we have. Actually, you can erase that last part about ‘no ill will.’ We’ll just keep it with the clarity.”
Whatever happened between the two men doesn’t exactly seem buried, and if the spinoff does better than Fast and Furious 9 then this could possibly get nasty.
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018