Following up on yesterday’s reporting that Stranger Things creators The Duffer Brothers (Matt and Ross Duffer) were being sued by filmmaker Charlie Kessler for allegedly stealing the concept for the series from his 2012 short film, the Duffer Brothers have responded to the complaint through their attorney, Alex Kohner:
“Mr. Kessler’s claim is completely meritless. He had no connection to the creation or development of Stranger Things. The Duffer Brothers have neither seen Mr. Kessler’s short film nor discussed any project with him. This is just an attempt to profit from other people’s creativity and hard work.”
Kessler claims he was “shocked” when Stranger Things premiered in 2016 and he saw the similarities to his work. The filmmaker is looking for financial restitution and the destruction of all materials allegedly based off his concepts.
You can read a copy of the complaint here:
Production on Stranger Things season 3 (Stranger Things 3?) is expected to begin production this month, with the eight-episode season moving the show’s timeline ahead a year and introducing new “big bads” for our heroes to confront. Priah Ferguson‘s Erica Sinclair — Lucas’s (Caleb McLaughlin) little sister — has been promoted to series regular, and Maya Hawke (Little Women) has joined as a new still-unknown series regular.
Netflix’s Stranger Things stars Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Noah Schnapp, Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Natalia Dyer, Charlie Heaton and McLaughlin.
- David Harbour Believes 'Stranger Things' Cheif Hopper is "Very Good Dude"
- Stranger Things Says "Back At It, Nerds" in Season 3 Video
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Thursday, April 5
- Madison, Behold ‘Return to Murder House’ in FX’s American Horror Story: Apocalypse Preview - October 16, 2018
- The Gang Gets All “Inception-y” in FXX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Preview - October 16, 2018
- BlacKkKlansman’s Paul Walter Hauser Joins ‘Cobra Kai’ Season 2 - October 16, 2018
- Kidding s01e06 ‘The Cookie’: Jeff’s Identity Crisis Has Some Company (REVIEW) - October 16, 2018
- Charmed Season 1 ‘Pilot’ Review: A Strong Start That Honors, Updates Original Series - October 15, 2018