Thanos: Infinity Siblings is the new original graphic novel by Jim Starlin and Alan Davis, one of a series of cosmic original graphic novels by Starlin published by Marvel.
It is published today – but is also available today from ComiXology before most comic stores have even opened their doors and it is available to the public in print. At the time and day of posting, it is available for a tiny fraction of the retail – even wholesale print price – digitally.
This has been happening a number of times in recent weeks, with new collections from Marvel popping up on ComiXology for a tiny fraction of the print price, on the same day. The prices don’t always last but they do have a habit of returning. They also apply to ComiXology UK as well as the US. Sometimes they are on the Kindle, sometimes, they are not.
But either way, this is a major cause for retailer concern and an expected topic of conversation at the Diamond Retailer Summit, starting today, in Chicago at the McCormick Center, before the start of C2E2.
Having comics available digitally before comic shops open has often been a source of contention, though the plateauing of digital comics figures has dulled that roar. But having the highest ticket items that comic stores sell, reduced to a pittance before comic stores even have a chance to sell them, is likely to rankle.
THANOS INFINITY SIBLINGS OGN HC
(W) Jim Starlin (A) Alan Davis (CA) Jim Starlin
Jim Starlin and Alan Davis return in the first volume of a new trilogy! The Mad Titan has everything he ever wanted – but satisfaction is not in Thanos’ vocabulary. When a temporal distortion on Titan draws his attention, he finds the purpose he’s been searching for: saving himself! An old enemy lurks in the far future, and it will take the combined wits of Thanos, his brother Eros and time-travel master Kang the Conqueror to stop it – and save the Multiverse. But there are other players in this cosmic chess game – and Thanos may find himself outmatched! What lies ahead for the so-called Avatar of Death?
Rated T+ In Shops: Apr 04, 2018
- The Futures of Turtles, Ponies, Ghostbusters, and Kyle Baker’s Black Panther Debuts in IDW January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Christopher Jones’ Cover For Doctor Who Day’s Thirteenth Doctor #1 - October 16, 2018
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018