We have yet another major blockbuster on the horizon is looking at some major reshoots that could really effect the production. Chaos Walking, which stars Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley is looking at some pretty extensive reshoots according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Lionsgate is spending between $90 million and $100 million on the movie, an ambitious sci-fi thriller that it hopes to launch a franchise that can stand out amid superhero movies, remakes and sequel tentpoles.
The problem for this one comes down to timing. Holland is expected to start shooting the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming this summer and Ridley is expected to film Star Wars: Episode IX this summer.
The reshoots, or “additional photography,” are expected to last two or three weeks but will not take place until the end of this year or early next — December or even January, sources tell THR. That marks an unusual delay given that the movie finished shooting principal photography last November, but insiders point out that the delay is because the movie’s two stars are so in demand.
The movie probably isn’t going to make it’s March 1, 2019 release date if they don’t start the reshoots until the end of the year or the beginning of next year. They movie could see itself pushed into the already extremely packed summer blockbuster season where it could get lost.
- New Era and Lids Announce 59FIFTY Blackout Collection
- Black Panther Gets a New Statue from Kotobukiya
- Avengers: Infinity War Gets an IMAX Poster, Still No Hawkeye
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Thursday, April 5
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018