We have yet another major blockbuster on the horizon is looking at some major reshoots that could really effect the production. Chaos Walking, which stars Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley is looking at some pretty extensive reshoots according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Lionsgate is spending between $90 million and $100 million on the movie, an ambitious sci-fi thriller that it hopes to launch a franchise that can stand out amid superhero movies, remakes and sequel tentpoles.
The problem for this one comes down to timing. Holland is expected to start shooting the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming this summer and Ridley is expected to film Star Wars: Episode IX this summer.
The reshoots, or “additional photography,” are expected to last two or three weeks but will not take place until the end of this year or early next — December or even January, sources tell THR. That marks an unusual delay given that the movie finished shooting principal photography last November, but insiders point out that the delay is because the movie’s two stars are so in demand.
The movie probably isn’t going to make it’s March 1, 2019 release date if they don’t start the reshoots until the end of the year or the beginning of next year. They movie could see itself pushed into the already extremely packed summer blockbuster season where it could get lost.
- New Era and Lids Announce 59FIFTY Blackout Collection
- Black Panther Gets a New Statue from Kotobukiya
- Avengers: Infinity War Gets an IMAX Poster, Still No Hawkeye
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Thursday, April 5
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: First Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: The Return of Wilson Fisk Featurette - October 17, 2018
- Demián Bichir Has Entered Negotiations to Star in Godzilla vs. Kong - October 17, 2018
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Wraps as Tom Holland Shares Some Images - October 17, 2018