Rob Guillory off of Chew will be debuting an ashcan edition of his new comic book Farmhand #1 at C2E2.
Sixteen pages of story, full color, with half of the full 32-page first issue inside, this will be your first chance to read it before it’s published by Image in July. A very limited supply, he’ll be signing copies on the Friday at the Image Comics Booth from 3-3:45 p.m.
And he’s just got the copies in the post…
He will also have posters for Farmhand and Chew for sale at the show.
And retailers at Diamond Summit starting today will also be able to get copies from him.
Farmhand is the story of Jedidiah Jenkins, a black farmer living in Freetown, Louisiana. He’s a typical farmer, until he has a seemingly supernatural vision that instantaneously downloads cutting-edge scientific data into his brain. And from that data, the Jedidiah Seed is created. When planted and watered, that seed grows into fast-healing, hyper-customizable human organ transplants.
An organic farmer that grows human organs.
Overnight this lowly farmer becomes a scientific trailblazer. He becomes world-renowned and rich beyond his wildest imaginings. Unfortunately, as the recipients of these plant/human transplants begin to behave a tad erratically, things begin to take on a more sinister character.
In the midst of this, Jedidiah is in the middle of reconciling with his long-estranged son Ezekiel. Ezekiel’s been gone from the family farm for almost a decade, raising a family of his own, and his return to the farm couldn’t come at a worse time. Dark things are happening in Freetown, and Jedidiah’s family will get a front row seat to what’s about to transpire.
Farmhand is the tale of a family trying to survive as their every dark secret long buried begins to resurface with the sole intent of tearing them apart.
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018