Newbury Comics has its own exclusive Action Comics #1000 variant cover by Pat Gleason, who has been telling Superman and Super Sons stories since the DC Rebirth, to great acclaim.
Newbury Comics is one of the few large comic store chains remaining. Beginning in Boston, Massachusetts as a plain standard comic book store, the focus of the store changed from comics to music, and published their own music magazine, Boston Rock. They now have 28 stores in five New England states: four in New Hampshire, two in Rhode Island, one in Maine, one in Connecticut, and twenty in Massachusetts, and two outside New England, one in Garden City, New York and White Plains, New York.
Since the late 1980s Newbury Comics has been a vendor of new and used CDs, LPs, singles, and DVDs, and other pop culture-related goods, including posters, T-shirts, trading cards, action figures, buttons, sports merchandise, jewelry, cosmetics, novelties and more. Many locations also sell high end and/or punk-style clothing.
And they all still sell comics… it’s a marvel.
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018
- Michael Davis, Keynote Speaker at Afro ComicCon on the War for Static Shock - October 19, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 19th October 2018 – The Crossover-Then-New-Writer Paradigm - October 19, 2018
- Spider-Man, Who?? The Psychology of Marvel Comics Vs. the Movies - October 19, 2018