Its time to crank up some Black Sabbath, as Activision has released details on Call of Duty: WWII‘s second expansion, The War Machine. The DLC pack will come with a series of new maps, a new War Mode mission, and a brand-new chapter of Nazi Zombies which takes place during Operation Barbarossa. The new maps include the iconic battle at Dunkirk, a secret German V-2 facility, and even the battlefields and pyramids of Northern Africa and Egypt.
The new War Mode mission was co-developed with Raven Software, and is called Operation Husky. The mode includes a new gameplay mechanic — aerial dogfighting. Because, of course Operation Husky includes dogfights.
The War Machine will launch first on PlayStation 4 on April 10th, so clear your schedules, hunker down, and break out a record player and your vinyl copy of Paranoid, because you’re going to need a solid backing track.
Details on the three new maps are below:
- Egypt: For the first time in Call of Duty: WWII, we’re bringing players to the battlefields of Northern Africa and the Egyptian pyramids. Players fight in and around the ancient ruins at Giza with landmarks that you’re sure to recognize. The map features an interior temple in the center that heats up during intense Domination matches with more open exterior lanes to either side. There’s something for everyone, as all ranges and playstyles have a place to call home here.
- Dunkirk: Players face off on the sands and beachfront boardwalk of the French sea-side city of Dunkirk. This map features a large, open and dangerous beach area flanked by tight interiors through the buildings lining the beach-front. Sniping can be effective here, though aggressive running and gunning can also pay off, so keep sharp and watch your angles and surroundings to win the day.
- V2: Welcome to V2 – a rocket development and test site located in rural Germany. V2 is a tight, ultra-fast paced map that never lets up for a moment. The launch tower sits at the map center, providing a focal point and an opportunity to grab an elevated sightline on unsuspecting opponents. Short-to mid-range engagements are dominant here, with fast and furious gameplay throughout – don’t blink!
You can check out some screenshots of the new maps and game modes in the gallery below.
Operation Husky, whose namesake referred to the Allied invasion of Sicily, is centered on an Allied action to retrieve intelligence on the locations of sensitive German targets in the ports of Palermo and Naples. In this exciting new War mode offering, players will gather intel, transmit it to HQ, and then take to the skies to clear the area of enemy fighter planes in order to make way for Allied bombers.
The Shadowed Throne
The Shadowed Throne brings our heroes into the heart of Nazi Germany to confront a desperate and evil regime. Berlin is burning, and Doktor Straub’s monstrous army is hellbent on purging his city of the Allied invaders. Join Marie, Drostan, Olivia, and Jefferson on their descent into madness in a city warped with terror, blood, and war, as Nazi Zombies steps out from the shadows of history.
You can also take a gander at the new trailer below.
- How Fortnite Eclipsed PUBG as the Biggest Gaming Phenomenon - April 19, 2018
- Realtalk: Where’s Our God of War Review? - April 19, 2018
- Blockchain Gaming, while the Current Fad, is Fated for Failure - April 19, 2018
- The CWL Pro League Stage One Finals Start Tomorrow - April 19, 2018
- Juggler Games’ My Memory of Us is Subtly Depressing - April 18, 2018