It sounds like Rey and Finn won’t be on other sides of universe for the next Star Wars movie. Fans of the two new characters were disappointed that they spent the entirety of The Last Jedi separated until the last moment of the movie. However, it sounds like that won’t be the case for upcoming Star Wars: Episode IX. John Boyega was at Awesome Con (via Empire Magazine) this weekend and said that while he hasn’t read the script yet, Daisy Ridley did get some dirt from J.J. Abrams.
“I haven’t read the script for Episode 9. But Daisy did shoot me a text saying, ‘Oh my gosh, I just heard from JJ (Abrams), and we’re back together,'” he said. “That’s what I’m really excited about, is Finn and Rey back together again.”
Boyega also repeated what he has said previously: that he believes that it’s going to be all-out war in Episode IX.
“I think it’s going to be all-out war in this final chapter, so we need to be prepared.”
The movie is set to start filming this summer, so we’ll start learning more plot details as the year goes on.
Star Wars: Episode IX, directed by J.J. Abrams, will star Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver with unconfirmed but assumed to be returning cast members Domhnall Gleeson and Lupita Nyong’o. It will be released on December 20th, 2019.
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy Book by Amy Ratcliffe Coming This Fall
- Let's Take a Look at the LEGO Ideas Tron: Legacy Set
- Planet of the Apes ReAction Figures Coming From Super7
- Jurassic World's T-Rex Gets a Monster-Sized Imaginext Figure
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: 2 New Promos Parody Die Hard - December 10, 2018
- Emmet Throws a Holiday Party in this New The LEGO 2: The Second One Short - December 10, 2018
- [Very] Early Estimates Say Avengers: Endgame Could Make $2B at the Worldwide Box Office - December 9, 2018
- Amy Adams Thinks She’s Out of the DC Universe - December 9, 2018
- Carol Danvers Stands Tall in This New Poster for Captain Marvel - December 8, 2018