On this World Autism Awareness Day, Archie Comics continues on its path to be more representative of neurodiverse people, showing readers of all ages that at the end of the day, kindness works. Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit is excited for the newest character in Riverdale, Scarlet. She says in an email:
“Archie and friends have been the example to folks around the globe on how all the characters — and new character Scarlet — are comfortable in their own skin. Each character has entered our hearts with their steadfast examples on making it work… inclusion and friendship! We need to support and cultivate kindness and inclusion for all!”
Late last year Scarlet made her debut in her own story called Kindness Works. Written by Ray Felix and penciled by Fernando Ruiz, the comic shows readers how to treat those who express themselves in a different way, as well as how to positively include everyone in a group setting. Interested in obtaining a copy for yourself? You can email Nancy directly to order one! Hopefully Scarlet will be included in the main Archie line one day, but for now, this is a step in the right direction.
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018