On this World Autism Awareness Day, Archie Comics continues on its path to be more representative of neurodiverse people, showing readers of all ages that at the end of the day, kindness works. Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit is excited for the newest character in Riverdale, Scarlet. She says in an email:
“Archie and friends have been the example to folks around the globe on how all the characters — and new character Scarlet — are comfortable in their own skin. Each character has entered our hearts with their steadfast examples on making it work… inclusion and friendship! We need to support and cultivate kindness and inclusion for all!”
Late last year Scarlet made her debut in her own story called Kindness Works. Written by Ray Felix and penciled by Fernando Ruiz, the comic shows readers how to treat those who express themselves in a different way, as well as how to positively include everyone in a group setting. Interested in obtaining a copy for yourself? You can email Nancy directly to order one! Hopefully Scarlet will be included in the main Archie line one day, but for now, this is a step in the right direction.
- Don’t Be Crabby! Relax with Sweet Suds’ Rainbow Crab Bath Bomb [VIDEO] - July 17, 2018
- Nerd Food: Watch Disneyland Candy Makers Create ‘Up’-Inspired Treats - July 16, 2018
- An Afternoon at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, One of the Most Family-Friendly MLB Parks - July 16, 2018
- Iridescent Cake Pops and More Now Available at Disney Springs - July 14, 2018
- Iridescent Is the New Pink at Disney Springs - July 13, 2018