On this World Autism Awareness Day, Archie Comics continues on its path to be more representative of neurodiverse people, showing readers of all ages that at the end of the day, kindness works. Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit is excited for the newest character in Riverdale, Scarlet. She says in an email:
“Archie and friends have been the example to folks around the globe on how all the characters — and new character Scarlet — are comfortable in their own skin. Each character has entered our hearts with their steadfast examples on making it work… inclusion and friendship! We need to support and cultivate kindness and inclusion for all!”
Late last year Scarlet made her debut in her own story called Kindness Works. Written by Ray Felix and penciled by Fernando Ruiz, the comic shows readers how to treat those who express themselves in a different way, as well as how to positively include everyone in a group setting. Interested in obtaining a copy for yourself? You can email Nancy directly to order one! Hopefully Scarlet will be included in the main Archie line one day, but for now, this is a step in the right direction.
- Nerd Food: This Millennial Pink Milkshake is to Die For - April 21, 2018
- Kermit the Frog Trading Pin Hops Up Just in Time for Earth Day - April 21, 2018
- A Darn Good Detective! Goldie Vance Vol. 1, 2, and 3 Review - April 20, 2018
- See All the Fun You’re in for During Pixar Fest at Disneyland - April 20, 2018
- The Dress Shop Now Open in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort - April 20, 2018