John Cena has a comedy coming out next month and is joining the Transformers series later this year but he already has an idea of where he’d like to go next. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly Cena revealed that he would like to join the Fast and Furious spinoff movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham despite Johnson being a former rival.
“That stuff is beyond my control, but I would absolutely love that opportunity,” Cena tells EW. “That, for me, would be a dream. I’m never really like, ‘Oh, I’d like to work with this person,’ but I just think between our chemistry in the live performance setting, there’s something certainly there with The Rock. So that would be my one name on the wish list.”
Bumblebee is coming out this year, but aside from a few images we don’t know that much about it. The movie is months away still, but Cena said he was really intrigued and excited for everyone to meet the crew behind this production.
“It’s going to be a wonderful piece of this franchise that I think people are going to enjoy,” promises Cena. “I was very intrigued being able to meet the team around the movie. [Director] Travis [Knight] is such a passionate man. The role they were talking to me about doing was very intriguing to me because it’s a road I’ve never been down before, but a road I felt like I could accomplish. And then put that together with the context of the movie, the way that the consumer will now view Bumblebee, all of that stuff was very interesting to me. And then they were stupid enough to say yes.”
We’ll get a better idea of what we’re in for when it comes to this spinoff later in the year.
Summary: Three parents try to stop their daughters from having sex on prom night.
Blockers, directed by Kay Cannon, stars Leslie Mann, John Cena, Ike Barinholtz, Kathryn Newton, Geraldine Viswanathan, and Gideon Adlon. It will be released on April 6th.
- SpongeBob and Dwayne "The Rock" / "Beef Piston" Johnson's Magical Twitter Exchange
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Latest Skyscraper Trailer Is Here!
- Mortal Engines Review: A Generic Story With a Fantastic New Coat of Paint - December 13, 2018
- Once Upon a Deadpool Review: Proof That a PG-13 Deadpool Doesn’t Work - December 13, 2018
- Mary Poppins Returns: Featurette Teases Topsy and a New Clip Shows off a New Song - December 12, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – Multiple Stan Lee Cameos and Different Peter Parker’s - December 12, 2018
- The Punisher Season 2: Jon Bernthal Shares a LQ First Image - December 12, 2018