Cyclops was my favourite superhero when I was a kid. While others preferred Wolverine or Batman, Cyclops seemed to have the world upon his shoulders, a strong sense of duty, honest, earnest and a relatively stoic approach. Also, he wore glasses – his superpowers were his glasses, basically. This was a good thing.
He changed over the years. Well, he discovered girls, didn’t he? Even if they seemed to keep getting possessed by otherworldly entities. But them’s the breaks. Then he turned pragmatic murderer, making touch leadership decisions and being a right pain. Eventually the No 1 hated mutant. You know, over and above Magneto or Apocalypse. Uneasy lies the head that wears the ruby quartz visor.
And now he’s dead. Thankfully a younger version of himself, snatched from his past, lives on in his stead. But that’s not young enough it seems. And today, Cyclops has a story of an even younger version of himself aged seven and the day the school bus didn’t stop.
Scott Summers or Young Indy?
Ba da da da…. ba da daaaa…. bet Ed Piskor didn’t put *this* in Grand Design did he? Scott Summers, Superboy…
I really like Champions by Mark Waid and Humberto Ramos. I know no one else seems to. But I think it’s just great.
(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Humberto Ramos
CHAMPION FOR A DAY Part 3
• The new order changeth! After a series of tragic setbacks and shakeups, the Champions are faced with a grim decision – is it finally time to disband and give up the fight?
Rated T+In Shops: Mar 28, 2018
- Art Galleries to be Searched for Missing Comic Book Artwork - September 25, 2018
- Mark Montague Wins Dredd Talent Competition as 2000AD Opens Submissions Again - September 25, 2018
- Second Wave of Game Of Thrones Blindbox Titans Vinyl Figures in February 2019 - September 25, 2018
- What Made Warren Ellis Swear In Fearscape #1, Out Tomorrow? - September 25, 2018
- Tomorrow, DC Comics Publish Another Batman Comic With a Penis In It - September 25, 2018