Last night’s return of ABC’s Roseanne was huge. The revival of the ’90s sitcom featuring Roseanne Barr and John Goodman pulled in 18.2 million total viewers and a 5.1 demo rating across the double-episode run. That made it the biggest launch of the season, beating out Young Sheldon, which brought in 17.2 million viewers and a 3.8 rating for CBS. It also beat NBC’s revival of Will & Grace that did 10.2 mil/3.0.
Roseanne gave ABC their best numbers in the time slot since November 2006 and November 2009, respectively. It helped the rest of the night as Black-ish did 8.7 mil/2.6, biggest audience since its series premiere, their other new series Splitting Up Together did 7.2 mil/2.2 and For the People was up 33% to 3.6 million viewers and 50% to a 0.9 rating. A very good night for ABC.
Feeling the pressure from the revival, The Voice fell 19% and 17% to 8.9 mil/1.6, Rise sank to 4.5 mil/0.8 a loss of 17% and 27% and Chicago Med was down 16% and 17% to 5.8 mil/1.0, which won’t make the NBC executives happy. Over at CBS, their juggernaut NCIS slipped a bit to 11.8 mil/1.3 and NCIS New Orleans dropped to 8.6 mil/0.9 while Bull was steady at 10.7 mil/1.2. Fox also had their shows dip a little with LA to Vegas pulling in 2 mil/0.6 and the Mick 1.8 mil/0.6.
On the CW, The Flash was a rerun of ‘Enter Flashtime’, but there was a new Black Lightning, which held steady at 1.54 mil/0.5.
- Is the Media Getting Suckered into Making Roseanne a Serious Post-Trump Presidential Candidate?
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018