The Sandlot is one of the best baseball movies ever made. Really, in my opinion, one of the best movies of all time, period. To celebrate the 25th anniversary and the start of baseball season, Sandlot Pops are on their way from Funko!
Hitting stores in June, there will be six releases in all, four regular releases: Smalls, Benny, Ham, and Squints, and two exclusives. The first is the fearsome Beast with a baseball in his mouth. The second is a Pop two-pack featuring Squits and his love Wendy Peffercorn. Beast will be at GameStop, while collectors will cry out in agony over the two-pack being at Target.
These all look absolutely perfect. Some of these look alarmingly like the kids themselves, especially the Ham. I love that Smalls has his black eye, Benny the Jet is choking up on the bat, and Squits is being… well Squits. Really, the version of Squits everyone will want is the two-pack. That Wendy Peffercorn Pop is one of the most spot-on characters they have ever done. I have to ask, though, Funko: why do you continue to give exclusives to Target? They never stock them in stores, the employees are unhelpful and rather standoffish about helping locate anything — not just toys. And if they are online exclusives, they typically go up for order overnight at, like, 3 a.m., so by the time anyone gets a chance to even wake up they are sold out.
Sadly, some characters are missing of course. Yeah Yeah is a favorite of mine and must be made, The Timmons brothers would make a cool two-pack, and Kenny needs to come out on a pitchers mound. Ooh, I wonder if this is a way they could make Babe Ruth!
Basically, Funko, we need to to just make the whole damn cast of The Sandlot as Pops. Don’t let us down.
First seen on Entertainment Weekly
- Archer, Disaster Artist, and More: A Look at March’s DVD/Blu-Ray Special Features
- Watch: First Trailer for Eli Roth's 'The House with a Clock in Its Walls'
- Empire Magazine Launches Pilot TV Magazine
- FOX Film Shuffle – X-Men: Dark Phoenix and The New Mutants Delayed Again
- Hamilton's Brandon Victor Dixon Previews NBC's Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert!
- D23 Expo 2019 Dates Announced
- The Captain Marvel Cast List Teases a Kree-Skrull War
- Castle of Horror: Attack of the Mushroom People is Gilligan's Island with Deadly Shrooms
- Simon Pegg Blames Bad Marketing for Star Trek Beyond's Mediocre Box Office
- Captain Marvel Officially Begins Production
- iZombie Season 4, Episode 4 Review: Mama Leone's Backstory Makes for Strong Outing
- Jane the Virgin's Gina Rodriguez to Star as Carmen Sandiego in Live-Action Film
- A Bunch of New Solo: A Star Wars Story Character Posters Just Dropped - April 23, 2018
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Monday, April 23 - April 23, 2018
- BC Exclusive Reveal: Sideshow Collectibles Poison Ivy Statue First Look For Earth Day! - April 22, 2018
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Sunday, April 22 - April 22, 2018
- Sean Manaea Has Thrown The First No-Hitter of 2018 - April 22, 2018