We’ve gotten to know Neil Patrick Harris over the years, whether as the young genius in Doogie Howser M.D., the evil genius in Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, or as the genius with the ladies Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother. He even played a tactical genius in Starship Troopers and a musical genius as the Music Meister in Batman: Brave and the Bold. His latest genius role is that of Count Olaf, master of disguise in Netflix’s adaptation of the Lemony Snicket‘s A Series of Unfortunate Events book series.
A new featurette has been released showcasing the many faces of Count Olaf including Stefano, Captain Sham, Shirley, a frightening doctor, a terrible detective, and a nightmarish auctioneer.
Harris says in the featurette:
I play Count Olaf and I’ve changed my look a lot.
That’s like saying Jackie Chan has done one or two fight scenes in his career. Though this is the second adaptation of the property, the first being a 2004 feature film with Jim Carrey playing the evil man after the orphans’ money, Harris has gone a long way to make the character his own. The second season of the series debuts this Friday and a third season has already been approved, which will be the final one — three seasons being enough time to adapt all of the books in the series.
All episodes of A Series of Unfortunate Events season 2 will be available to stream March 30th on Netflix.
- Big Hero 6 The Series Gets Premiere Date from the Disney Channel - April 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Emotional Issues and the Season Finale Title - April 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Inside the Episode ‘Fury Rogue’ - April 24, 2018
- Netflix Locks in Sense8 Series Finale Date - April 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Not So Fast on [Spoiler] Being Married - April 24, 2018