Steven Spielberg is hustling these days. With Ready Player One coming out next week, it was a whole three months between that and The Post. He’s jumping from one major movie to another as Spielberg announced a start date and location for Indiana Jones 5. He made the announcement while accepting the Legend of Our Lifetime award at the Rakuten TV Empire Awards (via The Tracking Board).
“It’s always worth the trip when I get to work with this deep bench of talent coming out of the UK. The actors, and the crew, the chippies, the sparks, the drivers — everybody who has helped me make my movies here, and will continue helping me make my movies here when I come back in April 2019 to make the fifth Indiana Jones movie right here.”
That start time makes sense considering the timeline. Spielberg is a perfectionist, and that timeline gives him over a year to shoot the movie and go through post-production. Spielberg has plenty of projects he’s working on between now and then as a producer though, so it’s not like he’s going to be taking a break once the Ready Player One press tour ends.
Indiana Jones 5, directed by Steven Spielberg, will star Harrison Ford and be written by David Koepp. It will be released on July 10th, 2020.
- Marion Ravenwood's 'Raiders' Hangover Cure Finally Revealed
- MLB 2018: The Nationals Should Handle the NL East - Is it Finally Their Year?
- MLB 2018: Nobody Can Hang With Houston – Who Will Finish Second in the AL West?
- Solo: A Star Wars Story - Let's Take a Look at the Han Solo LEGO Brickheadz Figure
- At Scarediego New Line Cinema Announces a 3rd Movie in the Annabelle Series - July 19, 2018
- First Look at Iron Fist Season 2 Confirmed for Tomorrow at SDCC - July 18, 2018
- 190+ Shots of San Diego Comic-Con’s Show Floor from Preview Night - July 18, 2018
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters – Teaser Video, Logo, and a New Banner - July 18, 2018
- The Joaquin Phoenix Joker Movie Gets a 2019 Release Date - July 18, 2018