If you thought royally screwing up one of the most anticipated Star Wars games in history and earning the outrage of millions over loot boxes and microtransactions would kick Electronic Arts out of the Star Wars circle, you are gravely mistaken. The company proved today that they’re still locked into a contract to produce Star Wars games with this job listing for a Lead Online Engineer, showing that they are looking for someone to help develop an open world title within the Star Wars universe.
Lead a team to deliver Online features for a Star Wars Open World project. You will design, architect and implement the Online infrastructure for the project while working with industry-leading central technologies. You will lead a team of Engineers to accomplish the goals for the product as well as be an effective people manager to grow the talent on the team. You will report to the project Technical Director and ensure that the Online systems are meeting the robustness and performance requirements.
If you feel like you fit the requirements, feel free to apply. But keep in mind this job is in EA Vancouver, which is where all the Star Wars titles are now being produced after the company shut the doors on Visceral Games back in October. How do you feel about EA making another Star Wars game?
- Season of Solo Coming to Battlefront II
- Electronic Arts Says They'll Do Better with Anthem
- EA Play 2018 Starts Pre-Registration Plans For Regular Attendees
- Several Companies Already on Board for Gamescom
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Leads BAFTA Game's Nominations
- A Complete List of Achievements is Released for A Way Out
- EA Games Decides to Troll Sims 4 Players with DLC for Already Purchased DLC
- Making Sound Buddies and Solving Challenging Puzzles but Not enough Heart – a Review of EA’s Fe
- VIZ Media Gets Distribution Rights to Castlevania’s Animated Series - July 21, 2018
- Several Overwatch League Players to Attend Olympic Committee Esports Summit - July 21, 2018
- Mega Man: Fully Charged Receives a Trailer and Debut Date - July 21, 2018
- Epic Games Explains Why Playground LTM Was Having Issues in Fortnite - July 21, 2018
- Hasbro and Blizzard Come Together for Overwatch Reaper Nerf Gun [SDCC] - July 21, 2018