One of the greatest things about a solid state drive is its increased speed over the mechnical hard disk drive. And ADATA Technology has revealed their fastest consumer model SSD to date. ADATA are mostly known for their high performance DRAM and NAND Flash products, but they’re hoping you’ll start remembering them for the XPG SX8200. The SSD is housed in a compact M.2 2280 form factor and uses the PCIe3x4 interface to deliver up to 3200MB/s read and 1700MB/s write speeds – which makes it an ideal tool for gamers and overclockers. The XGP SX8200 employs the latest 2nd generation 64-layer 3D NAND Flash for improved reliability and ships in capacities of 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB.
The SX8200 also comes with a 32bit DRAM data bus, intelligent SLC Caching, and a DRAM cache buffer, accelerating sequential and 4K random read/write speeds. It reaches speeds of up to 3200MB/s for reads and 1700MB/s for writes and 310K/280K IOPS random 4K read/writes for faster boot, shorter game loads, and system response time. Which means your gorgeous 4K games will run even better.
The consumer model of the SX8200 includes a stylish black heat spreader with the XPG logo that users can opt to DIY install on the SX8200 quickly and easily. Like all XPG SSDs, the SX8200 is backed by an extended 5-year warranty as befits its premium quality.
The MSRP prices for the various sized SX8200 SSDs are below:
240GB – $139.99 USD
480GB – $259.99 USD
960GB – $479.99 USD
You can find more information on the SSD card here.
- Milestone’s Ride 3 has a New Release Date and New Trailer - September 21, 2018
- Diablo Could Be Getting an Animated Netflix Series - September 21, 2018
- Telltale Games: Major Layoffs and Possible Studio Shut Down - September 21, 2018
- Sony to Halt Production on the PS Vita in Japan Next Year - September 20, 2018
- Capcom Reveals Resident Evil 2 Remake Gameplay at TGS - September 20, 2018