Sea Of Thieves fans have been in an uproar today after the developers at Rare released a set of coming updates for the next patch that includes a little item near the bottom called Death Cost. Essentially, whenever you die during a mission or any action that is not related to a PvP battle, the game will essentially tax you for dying. This is being implemented as sort of a safeguard to prevent players from constantly just throwing bodies at raids until they eventually beat them 20 deaths later. Fans were initially upset and took to social media to voice concerns over possibly losing gold in fights with other ships, forcing the company to make the correction below.
- Death Cost – This new feature has the Captain of the Ferry of the Damned deduct a small gold fee when you die. Rates are dependant on the cause of death, so the more avoidable the death, the less patience the Captain will have when we enable this feature!
Please note, we never intended to charge players for PvP related deaths, as we understand the negative impact this would have on player experience.
There are a lot more features in the update that fans glossed over in the uproar, like unlocking progression and removing auto-lock on melee attacks. Not to mention fixing the pain in the ass bug of some skeletons not spawning! You can check out the full list of updates coming to Sea Of Thieves here, but no details were given as to when the Death Cost feature would be enabled.
- Sailing the Salty Seas: We Review Sea of Thieves
- Sea of Thieves Players in Uproar Over Someone Hitting Pirate Legend Status
- Sea Of Thieves Kills the Death Cost Plans After Fan Outrage
- Twitch Streamers are Making Guides to Sea Of Thieves
- Sea of Thieves Getting New Gameplay, Mechanics and Cosmetics to Quell Content Concerns
- Sea Of Thieves Experiencing Server Issues on Opening Day
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for March 20-26, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves is Getting a Surprising Day One Patch
- You Won't Be Getting a Roadmap for Sea Of Thieves
- Fortnite Receives a New Vehicle in the Latest Patch - October 16, 2018
- Treyarch Teases Next DLC Zombie Map for Black Ops 4 - October 16, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 16-22, 2018 - October 16, 2018
- Fortnite YouTuber Gets Sued By Epic Games for Selling Cheats - October 15, 2018
- UK’s National Videogame Museum Opens Permanently in November - October 15, 2018