We are still a month away from the return of Supergirl, but the CW has released a trailer for the upcoming episode called ‘Schott Through the Heart’. More than just a Bon Jovi reference, this is the episode that focuses on Winn Schott (Jeremy Jordan) and introduces us to his mother played by Laurie Metcalf (Roseanne, Big Bang Theory). This is the first episode to focus on Winn since the season 1 episode ‘Childish Things’, which introduced us to his father Winslow Schott Sr. (Henry Czerny), aka the Toy Man.
In the trailer we see that Toy Man has died in prison, and his ex-wife reaches out to her son for the first time in a long time, claiming that she had been threatened by her ex to stay away from their son. We also see that Winslow Sr. rigged his casket to explode at his funeral, which has to make you wonder if he’s dead at all.
It seems a little strange to get the trailer a month before the show returns, but also because this episode was supposed to be 315, which should be the second episode when the series comes back. But it sounds like maybe there has been some changes in the schedule and maybe even story over the last 10 episodes, and this could’ve been moved up a week.
Supergirl returns on April 16th at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018