So at SXSW, DC Comics held a panel for the 80th Anniversary of Superman looking at upcoming projects such as Action Comics #1000, Man Of Steel and Frank Miller’s Superman.
Brandon Wainerdi reported from it for Bleeding Cool at the time, but there’s nothing quite like being there. And now you can be there. Or, at least, behind the camera.
The majority of people on Earth have lived their entire life with Superman, who made his comic book debut in 1938 in the pages of Action Comics #1. Now, as the 1,000th issue of that iconic series approaches, DC is proud to celebrate the superhero that started it all. At SXSW, an eclectic, knowledgeable team of comic creators, writers and producers, including Dan Jurgens, Jim Lee, Frank Miller, Brian Michael Bendis, Cameron Welsh, Nadria Tucker, Lina Patel and moderator Laura Prudom, gathered together to discuss the Man of Steel, his legacy and his future.
Sadly you can’t get your free advance version of Superman: 80 Years, out in a month’s time. Or you can buy your copy on eBay… though you may have to pay up to $100 for the privilege.
Though no one seems to have put the Superman trunks giveaway on eBay yet…
- J. Scott Campbell Art for Upcoming X-Men Black Magneto Comic to Be Announced at San Diego - July 16, 2018
- Hellboy Celebrates 25 Years of San Diego Comic-Cons - July 16, 2018
- Valiant Fans Express Financial Worries Over Chinese Owners DMG Entertainment - July 16, 2018
- Duncan Jones’s Comic Book Movie Confirmed: Rogue Trooper of 2000AD - July 16, 2018
- Amazon Prime Day Hits the UK – Here Are Some Deals to Keep Your Eye On - July 16, 2018