So at SXSW, DC Comics held a panel for the 80th Anniversary of Superman looking at upcoming projects such as Action Comics #1000, Man Of Steel and Frank Miller’s Superman.
Brandon Wainerdi reported from it for Bleeding Cool at the time, but there’s nothing quite like being there. And now you can be there. Or, at least, behind the camera.
The majority of people on Earth have lived their entire life with Superman, who made his comic book debut in 1938 in the pages of Action Comics #1. Now, as the 1,000th issue of that iconic series approaches, DC is proud to celebrate the superhero that started it all. At SXSW, an eclectic, knowledgeable team of comic creators, writers and producers, including Dan Jurgens, Jim Lee, Frank Miller, Brian Michael Bendis, Cameron Welsh, Nadria Tucker, Lina Patel and moderator Laura Prudom, gathered together to discuss the Man of Steel, his legacy and his future.
Sadly you can’t get your free advance version of Superman: 80 Years, out in a month’s time. Or you can buy your copy on eBay… though you may have to pay up to $100 for the privilege.
Though no one seems to have put the Superman trunks giveaway on eBay yet…
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018