So at SXSW, DC Comics held a panel for the 80th Anniversary of Superman looking at upcoming projects such as Action Comics #1000, Man Of Steel and Frank Miller’s Superman.
Brandon Wainerdi reported from it for Bleeding Cool at the time, but there’s nothing quite like being there. And now you can be there. Or, at least, behind the camera.
The majority of people on Earth have lived their entire life with Superman, who made his comic book debut in 1938 in the pages of Action Comics #1. Now, as the 1,000th issue of that iconic series approaches, DC is proud to celebrate the superhero that started it all. At SXSW, an eclectic, knowledgeable team of comic creators, writers and producers, including Dan Jurgens, Jim Lee, Frank Miller, Brian Michael Bendis, Cameron Welsh, Nadria Tucker, Lina Patel and moderator Laura Prudom, gathered together to discuss the Man of Steel, his legacy and his future.
Sadly you can’t get your free advance version of Superman: 80 Years, out in a month’s time. Or you can buy your copy on eBay… though you may have to pay up to $100 for the privilege.
Though no one seems to have put the Superman trunks giveaway on eBay yet…
- What is This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About Anyway? – Part Two - October 16, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 16th October 2018 – The Colbert Retort - October 16, 2018
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018