Mere weeks ago, the famed Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Walt Disney World closed to undergo a facelift. The famous auction scene with the redheaded pirate was replaced with a much more family-friendly scene. But don’t fear — the redheaded pirate is still there. According to Disney Parks Blog:
“The pirate auctioneer now oversees a sale of the townspeople’s most prized possessions and goods. In this scene, the familiar redhead figure has switched sides to become a pirate named Redd, who’s just pillaged the town’s rum supply and has something to say about it.”
The ride reopened today, just in time for the spring break crowd. Disneyland Paris has already updated their ride, and Disneyland in California will be updating theirs later this spring.
- Nerd Food: Some of the Magical Cupcakes Available at Walt Disney World - May 20, 2018
- Uniqlo’s Doraemon x Murakami Line is a Match Made in Kawaii Heaven - May 19, 2018
- ThinkGeek is Celebrating Geek Week All Week Long! - May 19, 2018
- Tranquil Ashes Cosplay Talks the Inspiration Behind This Fall’s CosGala Event in Baltimore - May 19, 2018
- Feeling the Deadpool Love? Check Out Hot Topic’s Buy 2, Get 1 Free on All Deadpool Items - May 19, 2018